Join the Gorge Rocket Club for exciting Rocketry information and flying, building and joining others in this fun hobby. This is a sanctioned club through the National Association of Rocketry with logistical support given by Hood River Hobbies LLC and Hood River Community Education provides launch sites.
Launches alternate between two sites, Westside Elementary School and Wyeast school (a larger field for larger rockets). Location depends upon the schedule. Sometimes school locations change at the last minute due to sports or maintenance. Please RSVP to let us know you are coming and we will inform you if there are any last minute changes.All launches are weather permitting.
Participants are expected to bring their own rocket and engines, but may launch them on the club launcher. We may also schedule periodic build sessions.
All ages are welcome, but adult supervision is required for children and all attending the launch must respect safety protocol and are responsible for maintaining safety rules.
Further details are also available at www.gorgerocketclub.com
Annual fee are $15 per family or $10 per person which includes all the launches for the year. You may register online at Community Ed at this link
You may also bring a check or cash and fill out the form at Hood River Hobbies or at the launch. For building classes, there will be an additional fee for kit and building supplies.
Dates for the 2017 season. Start time is 10am. Please let us know via email if you are coming so we can inform you of any last minute unexpected location changes or cancellations due to weather or illness info(at)hoodriverhobbies.com.
Most launches will be led by John Thompson of Gorge Rocket Club and this class is run through Hood River Community Education. Builds will be led by Zed Ruhlen of Hood River Hobbies LLC. If you have a group (scout group, school group) that would like to schedule a special build session please contact Zed at Hood River Hobbies. We will have Thanksgiving and New Years build sessions. If members of the club want to schedule intermediate build sessions prior to that, contact us and we will schedule something.
- Nov 22- 11am intro to rocketry and build a rocket at Hood River Hobbies (Launch it Nov 23 or subsequent date). $10 supply fee + rocket club membership fee
- Nov 23 – Thanksgiving Day rocket launch Westside School 10 am
- Dec 2 Parkdale Launch (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org weather may postpone)
- Dec 16 Parkdale Launch (RSVP to email@example.com weather may postpone)
- For info on Parkdale Location see Gorgerocketclub.com
- Monday Jan 1 New Years Day Rocket building class and Launch starts at 11am. Launch at Westside school $10 supply fee plus rocket club membership fee.
- Launch dates will be added in Jan/Feb based on attendance and site availability